THE VENTILATION system at a £842m super hospital broke health and safety law by failing to protect patients from harmful bugs, it has emerged.

The Health and Safety Executive have issued NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde with an improvement notice over ventilation in the Queen Elizabeth University hospital, following the death of a 10-year-old boy who contracted Cryptococcus from bird droppings.

Their investigation began following the outbreak, which saw another woman become infected with the fungus and later die – although the fungus was not a contributing factor in her death.

Read more…

The post QEUH ward ventilation system ‘broke health and safety law’ appeared first on Healthier Environment Living Program.